Tuesday 22 February 2011

I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places.

"My life has been one great big joke, a dance that's walked a song that's spoke, I laugh so hard I almost choke when I think about myself."
Maya Angelou

Apologies for the last couple of posts, just got a bit of news that was a bit harsh on my self-esteem (well, whats left of it anyway!).

More-or-less back to my usual self. "Thank f**k for that" I hear you say!

Just a quick insight into how I tend to deal with things...

I don't.

I just deal with the initial hurt/happiness/disappointment and compartmentalise it and move on.

Or just speak to my Bestest but shes been a bit to busy to talk recently (I've really needed her too), so I've done the 'Kris' thing and 'turtled'. To 'turtle' is to seriously retreat into yourself and just put the facade up that everything is fine. Nobody needs to know whether I'm withering inside or jumping for joy, I'm just fine.
Plus, I've found a huge dose of sarcasm helps.
This is not intended to be a guide on how to deal with things, the exact opposite in fact, please don't do what I do, it kind of eats you up until the facade is all you have left.

So, expect rants on the usual subjects and not a huge amount of insight into me for a while.

"More and more, it feels like I'm doing a really bad impersonation of myself."
Chuck Palahniuk

No comments:

Post a Comment