Friday 21 January 2011

Cola and nicotine...

Not healthy I know but my staple diet...

"Nicotine addiction has historically been one of the hardest addictions to break, while the pharmacological and behavioral characteristics that determine tobacco addiction are similar to those that determine addiction to drugs such as heroin and cocaine."

Would I quit?
The short answer is yes. I just haven't found a suitable reason. I enjoy a cigarette or rarely a cigar. Nobody or anything has actually ever given me a suitable or good enough reason to stop. Yes I know the health implications and the cost. As for the health implications, I look at it thus... It's my body and if I choose to abuse it like that I will. I smoke outside, away from non-smokers so I'm not harming them, why does society treat smokers like second class citizens?
I don't drink alcohol much or often, don't gamble, do work, I'm not violent, a serious politcal activist, detest all forms of terrorism or insurgency, follow no particular religion or teaching, try to be a decent human being (usually failing, but trying) and a part of my local community, so what harm am I doing??

Rant over.

Oh yeah, was told I could go deaf today...

No comments:

Post a Comment